Ricky Gervais had a bit too much fun with English when presenting the Golden Globe film awards:-
- On Charlie Sheen: “It’s going to be a night of partying and heavy drinking. Or as Charlie Sheen calls it, ‘breakfast’.”
- On the Sex and the City actresses: “Girls, we know how old you are. I saw one of you in an episode of Bonanza.”
- On Hugh Hefner: “Speaking of The Walking Dead, congratulations to Hugh Hefner”
- On Tom Hanks and Tim Allen: “What can I say about our next two presenters? The first is an actor, producer, writer and director whose movies have grossed over $3.5 billion at the box office. He’s won two Academy Awards and three Golden Globes for his powerful and varied performances starring in such films as Philadelphia, Forrest Gump, Castaway, Apollo 13 and Saving Private Ryan. The other is Tim Allen.”
- On the film The Tourist: “It seems like everything this year was three-dimensional… except the characters in The Tourist.
- On Bruce Willis: “Please welcome Ashton Kutcher’s dad, Bruce Willis!”
- On Sylvester Stallone: “The next presenter is a true Hollywood icon. In ten of the biggest blockbusters of all time he has shown his incredible acting versatility by playing a boxer and Rambo.”