Keep it simple
If you’re struggling to get someone to understand you, try the tips below:-
- Speak more slowly (not louder!)
- Keep it simple. Use words that are most common. For example, if you want to say cat, don’t use the word feline.
- Keep it simple. Use basic sentence structures (subject/verb/object).
- Don’t worry about pronouns, instead use the names of the person or thing you are talking about.
- Use a lot of hand gestures. “Do you mean up?” Raise up your hands to help the person understand the word.
- Use sound effects. You may feel silly, but if you are trying to tell someone that something exploded, using the sound “Ka Boom!” will get your point across!